Plans for IPv6 in Samba 3.2.0?

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at
Mon Oct 15 17:42:08 GMT 2007

Hash: SHA1

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 12:10:00PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>> Hmm...This means I have to wait on you and will require
>> another preview release instead of moving directly to
>> release candidate as I had planned.
> Hmmm. What do you want me to do ? I genuinely think
> this is the only way to get this work done. Do you
> want me to help go through the changes with you to
> cherry pick the ones that you don't need ?

Well, this was the kind of thing I expected the *-unstable
trees to be used for and then when it was complete, would
be pulled into *-test.  But we all know how that proposal
went. :-)

Alternatively if people would stop churning v3-2-test so much
with little changes I expect that this could all be done
outside of the shared repo.  But that's just not how people
want to work.  So we'll just have to deal with it.

I trust you.  So you tell me when it's ready for pre2 and
I'll merge to *-stable.

* jerry thinks we need another bugzilla day....

cheers, jerry
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -


More information about the samba-technical mailing list