Plans for IPv6 in Samba 3.2.0?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Oct 15 16:56:05 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 11:22:29AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> What are you plans for the IPv6 changes wrt Samba 3.2.0?
> I'm asking because as it stands right now, I'm not sure
> how to make a release from v3-2-test.  I can't merge
> without grabbing your changes and I don't want to cherry
> pick because that makes it much more difficult to track
> what's in the release and what is not.

I'm trying to finish them as soon as possible, and
I'm trying to keep everything working whilst I'm
doing it.

Unfortunately this is one of those tasks that
simply can't be done in a out-of-tree branch
I don't think. This is why it failed in the past.
It touches too much code so the only way to do
this (IMHO) is to keep everything working whilst
the conversion is going on.

What I'm saying is I think it's safe to merge
from - I'll fix any reported problem (especially
with rare machine/compiler combinations) asap.

Jeremy.