SWAT showing smbd and nmbd as not running?

Lisandro Grullon lisandrogrullon07 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:37:10 GMT 2007

Deal Samba users,
I am currently running the latest stable release port in freeBSD 6.2R AMD64, currently when I start samba using /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba start, things work out ok, but when I try checking the status of SWAT to restart or stop the service things are showing up as "no running", can someone explain me how to work this around. I am pasting my configuration of smb.conf. Any help would be appreciated.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.14.6.40 (10.14.6.40)
# Date: 2007/10/10 10:59:21

[global]
        workgroup = CENET
        server string = SCE1 - Unix Server
        interfaces = bge0, 127.0.0.1
        security = SHARE
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = wins host lmhosts bcast
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        os level = 33
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 10.14.6.12, 10.14.6.15