Draft #2 of cvs/svn -> git repo

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Oct 8 17:40:25 GMT 2007

FYI....

New repos are available at git://git.samba.org/jerry/draft2/
Previous migration experiments are at git://git.samba.org/jerry/draft1.

  * samba-cvsimport.git
  * samba4-cvsimport.git
  * samba-svnimport.git
  * samba.git

Note that the samba-blender concept is now obsolete and there
is only one repo to pull from.

   $ git clone git://git.samba.org/jerry/draft2/samba.git samba

This repo containts the full history for SAMBA_2_2, SAMBA_3_0,
SAMBA_3_2 and SAMBA_4_0 as of SVN r25543.  It also contains
all tags from the CVS & SVN repos.  Note that the history
of the tags is directly from the imported repos and not
based on the grafted trees whose history crosses the CVS ->
SVN migration.

Also, there are a few glue commits that I needed to correct
the history import (removing files that should have been deleted
in a previous svn commit) and a few tags in svn that need to
be corrected (release-3-2-0pre1 for example).  I have these on
the list to fix for the final migration.

Optional step if you want the branches from the imported
repos:

  $ cd samba
  $ git remote add cvs \
    git://git.samba.org/jerry/draft2/samba-cvsimport.git
  $ git remote add cvs-samba4 \
    git://git.samba.org/jerry/draft2/samba4-cvsimport.git
  $ git remote add svn \
    git://git.samba.org/jerry/draft2/samba-svnimport.git
  $ for repo in cvs cvs-samba4 svn; do \
       git-fetch $repo; \
    done

cheers, jerry