Status of python bindings in 3.2/4.0.

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Fri Oct 5 23:02:11 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 16:06 +0200, Uri Shachar wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
>   Can you tell me the status of the python bindings?
>
> I saw that you are working on auto-generating some of the underlying code using SWIG (in 4.0), and that (according to the 3.2.0 preview release notes) the old bindings have been removed.
>
> I might be able to help out on this....

Hi Uri.  The status is that I'm reworking the current bindings after a
hiatus in development.  At the moment not very many of the bindings work
(or even compile).

I'm hoping to get a base set of bindings working to get some of the
initial technical hurdles with swig out of the way, and then work on
filling in the gaps.

Tim.