Draft git repo posted (HOWTO to follow soon)

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Thu Oct 4 18:00:43 GMT 2007

The HOWTO will likely cover all of this, but in case you care about it
now...  I found a few discrepancies between what your message said
should happen and my reality...

On 10/4/07, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org> wrote:
> Clone the draft repo:
>
>   $ git clone git://git.samba.org/jerry/samba-draft.git
>
> If you want to view the import history as well:
>
>   $ git remote add cvs git://git.samba.org/jerry/samba-cvsimport.git
>   $ git remote add cvs-samba4 \
>       git://git.samba.org/jerry/samba4-cvsimport.git
>   $ git remote add svn git://git.samba.org/jerry/samba-svnimport.git
>
>   $ for r in cvs cvs-samba4 svn; do git fetch $r; done
>
> View available branches:

Following the clone (but not doing the cvs stuff), this command:

>   $ git branch -r

yields no output.  No remote branches?

> View tags:
>
>   $ git tag -l

That does list bunches of tags.

> git-log  will work on local checkouts and remote refs as well.
> For example,
>
>   $ git log svn/SAMBA_3_2

That command yields:

fatal: ambiguous argument 'svn/SAMBA_3_2': unknown revision or path
not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

I suspect, however, that this is an issue of me learning how to use
git.  Things seem to have gotten here, as if I do

 git checkout -b djl-v3-2-unstable v3-2-unstable

I (very quickly!) get the tree built (in samba-draft, it seems, not in
a subdirectory called djl-v3-2-unstable as I would have expected, but
again, this is probably my lack of familiarity with git.)

I'm eager to see the HOWTO.  :-)

Cheers,

Derrell