meaning of smb seek

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Nov 28 17:40:27 GMT 2007

I wish I had answers for you, but I don't (which is why I am interested in
what you find out).

Do you receive SEEK commands from clients?  It's possible that it's not ever
used.  The SMB_COM_COPY is another example.  We found that it didn't work
properly on most servers we tested and it seems that Windows clients don't
call it.

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org