NTLMv2

Zachary Loafman zachary.loafman at isilon.com
Mon Nov 26 17:00:07 GMT 2007

NTLMv2 auth is supported on NT4 SP4 and 2k onward. If a Samba DC works fine with it, then it's a pretty safe default.

The only trick is that the Samba code uses the same parameter for the client-talking-to-random-server role as it does for the server-talking-to-a-DC role. I think the latter role is safe to default to NTLMv2 at this point, but defaulting all clients would certainly be riskier.

...Zach