Samba4 in git?

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Nov 23 23:12:39 GMT 2007

Jelmer Vernooij schrieb:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 04:31:02PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
>> Right now I'm working a bit on samba4's smbtorture again, in
>> particular the RAW-STREAMS test. Whenever I want to check in
>> something to samba4 upstream I have to pull my patch out of
>> git into svn (I know, I could set up git-svn...). So my
>> question to the Samba4 developers: Is there anything we can
>> do to help you convert your repo to git, or is this turned
>> down for some reason?
>
>>From what I understood in previous discussions about this, nobody has
> any objections converting Samba 4 to git. However, we need somebody familiar
> enough with git to do the work for the actual conversion.
>
> If metze or Jerry can give me some hints, I could have a look
> at this. Metze has also expressed interest in doing the actual
> conversion, but I'm not sure how much time he has for it atm. Metze?

I can maybe do it in the first week of december when I'm back from one
week vacation (abartlet is also back then).

I hope there's not much left to do as I have scripts which create the
git branch
http://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba4-sync/samba4-sync.scripts/.git;a=summary
http://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba4-sync/samba4-sync.git/.git;a=summary

metze