Samba4 in git?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Nov 23 16:27:51 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 04:31:02PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Right now I'm working a bit on samba4's smbtorture again, in
> particular the RAW-STREAMS test. Whenever I want to check in
> something to samba4 upstream I have to pull my patch out of
> git into svn (I know, I could set up git-svn...). So my
> question to the Samba4 developers: Is there anything we can
> do to help you convert your repo to git, or is this turned
> down for some reason?

>From what I understood in previous discussions about this, nobody has
any objections converting Samba 4 to git. However, we need somebody familiar
enough with git to do the work for the actual conversion.

If metze or Jerry can give me some hints, I could have a look
at this. Metze has also expressed interest in doing the actual
conversion, but I'm not sure how much time he has for it atm. Metze?

Cheers,

Jelmer