NTLMv2

Zachary Loafman zachary.loafman at isilon.com
Mon Nov 19 16:56:18 GMT 2007

Yeah, I discovered after my first message that the NTLM2 flag was for NTLM2 session support.

This could be queried out of the group policy, but is there a known case where a DC will offer NTLM2-session-support but not be able to handle NTLMv2-auth? If so, use of NTLMv2 auth could be keyed off whether the DC was offering NTLM2 session, and realistically, NTLMv2 auth is supported by 99.9% of the MS DCs out there.

...Zach