Built-in SIDs are filtered in ACLs for no reason

Tsiyon Sadiky tsiyon.sadiky at exanet.com
Mon Nov 19 09:35:27 GMT 2007

Hi.

When translating ACE entries, each entry is checked using util_sid.c:non_mappable_sid(), which filters built-in SIDs.

I removed that check and it worked fine for me.

Can anyone think of a reason why this code is there?

My theory is that it's from historical reasons. In around 3.0.20 built-in groups were added to Samba, but the filtering code goes back much further.

Can anyone think of a reason this filter shouldn't be removed?

Tsiyon Babbak Sadiky

Exanet