[LDB] Simplify ldb_wait()

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 12 10:04:10 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 20:56 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 03:05 -0500, simo wrote:

> > > So is this a yes or no?
> >
> > We committed not to change the API if not absolutely necessary.
> > There are other projects using ldb now (OpenChange is one of the most
> > prominent), and changing API is not welcome unless we need to do it for
> > a good reason.
>
> This isn't a public API - it is the relationship between LDB and it's
> modules.  But if that is your position, so be it.

Sorry, I re-read the patch, and this statement isn't correct.

This isn't in the public sync API, which we have largely stuck to for
quite some time now.  Have we decided to freeze the async API at this
point (as I think it is still far from ideal)?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.