Fwd: Apple XServe Samba Problems

stphinkle at aol.com stphinkle at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 16:14:05 GMT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: stphinkle at aol.com
To: samba at lists.samba.org; samba-technical at lists.samba.org
Sent: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 8:08 am
Subject: Apple XServe Samba Problems

 Dear Samba Team,

This is Stephen Hinkle from Health Science High School and Middle College. We have an Apple XServe (running Mac OS X Server 10.4.10) which includes Samba as its Windows Domain Controller.   All of a sudden the server stopped running, we rebooted it,and now Windows users have trouble logging in and accessing their shared files.   We noticed that in Apple's "Server Admin", where it normally shows the usernames we are getting "DENY_NONE" and "DENY_WRITE" messages.  and in he IP address we get either "NONE" or "EXCLUSIVE_BATCH" matches.   Do you have any idea on what might be going on and how to fix our server??? Any help would be appreciated.? Send responses to stphinkle at aol.com.

Stephen