need understanding of getpwnam_alloc

Dan Wong dw6881pr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:50:48 GMT 2007

Originally I had set winbind enum users=yes and winbind enum groups=yes in
the smb.conf, but this was causing wbinfo -u error lookup problems.

When I set both fields to no, wbinfo -u would list all users correctly.
Afterwards, I still saw intermittent lookup errors.

I'm thinking this might be related to a regression that you mentioned in the
thread "How to ignore trusted domains completely?".

I saw traces of winbind talking to other DCs, while my smb.conf only
points to one local DC.

Thanks,
Dan