Remove NTSTATUS from NDR Layer

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Nov 5 17:04:23 GMT 2007

Hi Stefan,

Am Montag, den 05.11.2007, 16:23 +0100 schrieb Stefan (metze)
Metzmacher:
> here're some patches to get rid of the NTSTATUS dependecy
> in librpc/ndr/
>
> I splitted the patch up in smaller ones, but I'm not sure
> if I should commit them as 38 patches to svn...
> That's why I haven't added useful commit messages yet.
>
> It passes make test and I think I have reviewed the diffs
> carefully, but please check careful too.
Looks good overall!

A general thought: ndr_map_error2ntstatus() should support more
ndr_err_code values. That was already the case before your patch though,
so I think it's ok if we fix that later.

Some minor issues:

I would prefer a "const char *ndr_errstring(enum ndr_err_code);"
function over converting to NTSTATUS and then calling ndr_errstr() on
that each time.

The name RAP_GOTO() is unclear imho - something like RAP_CHECK() or
RAP_CHECK_GOTO() would be clearer.

NDR_GOTO() and NDR_RETURN() are present in more than one C file - I'd
rather see them in torture/ndr/ndr.h.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org