RootDSE netlogon attribute NtVer values?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:24:57 GMT 2007

On 11/3/07, Luke Howard <lukeh at padl.com> wrote:
> Michael B Allen wrote:
> > Yeah, I could tell from looking at the CLDAP draft that things didn't
> > quite match up. MS-CLDAP looks exactly like LDAP just over UDP whereas
> > CLDAP had another field (at least). Wasn't really sure what was going
> > on. I have renamed the Wiki page:
> >
> >   http://wiki.wireshark.org/MS-CLDAP
> >

>  From memory MS-CLDAP omits the enclosing SEQUENCE defined in RFC 1798.
> OpenLDAP supports both when compiled with -DLDAP_CONNECTIONLESS.

Hi Luke,

OpenLDAP's cldap support is a neglected after-thought. When I tried it
it faulted because the logic for initializing the connection was
completely wrong  (since fixed in HEAD). And there's no retry logic.

Also noteworty, the OpenLDAP team has complete contempt for AD which
would make something like MS-CLDAP compatibility difficult.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO