Hosting of mod_auth_ntlm_winbind

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Fri Nov 2 15:42:34 GMT 2007

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> mod_ntlm_winbind is really in no different shape
> that it has been in the past.  It is in need of a
> maintainer to do QA and cut releases.  I would be happy to
> see someone take this on.
Whether has someone authority and popularity to convince system to take
it to itself?
Does someone at Samba have enough authority and popularity to convince
some Apache team to take it to itself? Recently I wrote there and have
not been heard...
>  I can apply patches for you
> but I don't see this as a long term strategy.

Well, the patches attached.

1. patch for compile properly on 64bit arches
2. patch to avoid segfaults (zero the pointer to freed area)
3. a typo in strcmp() usage (please, verify! )

4. a hack to allow proxy authorization for "https" urls from IE. Please,
don't apply this patch, just include it (as a doc or something similar).
It is a task for Apache team to fix this issue, but while it is not,
let's provide the patch, but as a separate file only. (If apply and then
Apache will fix too, it could be a mess).

Regards,
Dmitry Butskoy