svn commit: samba r23117 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source SAMBA_3_0/source/include SAMBA_3_0/source/lib SAMBA_3_0/source/nsswitch SAMBA_3_0_26/source SAMBA_3_0_26/source/include SAMBA_3_0_26/source/lib SAMBA_3_0_26/source/nsswitch

Thu May 24 18:02:49 GMT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 10:27:02AM -0700, James Peach wrote:
> >This removes message_block / message_unblock. I've talked to Jeremy
> >and
> >G?\195?\188nther, giving them my reasons why I believe they have no
> >effect.
> >Neither could come up with a counter-argument, so they go :-)
>
> Could you please summarise this discussion for the benefit of the list?

That was my mail to jra and gd:

>> While changing the messaging infrastructure I'm trying to
>> understand the use of message_block/unblock in winbind. Why
>> is it there?
>>
>> Blocking the signal does not really have any effect (if I'm
>> right...), in the signal handler we don't do any work except
>> signalling the existence of messages for message_dispatch().
>> Other processes are free to post messages for us, and before
>> we call message_dispatch() nothing happens.

During phone calls neither could turn down that argument.

Volker