setgroups problems on FreeBSD - proposed fix

Wed May 23 15:31:56 GMT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 10:21:45AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> > This might also be the solution for bugzilla #3990.
>
> Seems reasonable to me, but I don't have a FreeBSD box to
> verify.  If no one else objects, have Volker check it in
> for 3.0.26.

"Seems reasonable" is not enough for my taste here. If you
google for that problem, nobody really nails it down to what
is exacly happening. Before checking in stuff to such a
sensitive piece of code, I want to see the FreeBSD
setgroups() sources. But this will take a bit.

Volker