Samba 4 TP5 plans

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 20 00:55:57 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 13:12 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 18:47 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > As discussed at SambaXP, we'd like to get the ball for TP5 rolling and
> > release it in the next few weeks.
> >
> > The build farm state is reasonable at the moment; hopefully we can fix
> > the couple of tests that are broken in the next few days.

With the work over the past week, the issues seem to be back to a few
'usual suspsects'.
In particular, we have 64-bit issues with the pidl tests, and an issue
with the propagation of lcov CFLAGS on 'tridge' (again, for the pidl
tests).

I think we can do a TP5 release in this state, and I'll try to work on
this (and finishing my LDAP backend documentation) over the next week.

> I'll chase down the issues with Vista joining Samba4 in the next few
> days.  So far that's been the need to respond to the qfileinfo test,
> which I'm extending to validate the properties of IPC pipes, and to
> truncate the session key to 16 bytes.

I would like to hear from anybody that still has issues with Vista
joining Samba4, but after my work on qfileinfo it works for me.