should get_nt_acl_no_snum really avoid VFS modules?

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Thu May 17 22:17:57 GMT 2007

Hi Jeremy,

I just bumped into the get_nt_acl_no_snum() function, and it seems
that this always calls the POSIX ACL implementation.

Since there's no guarantee that the file it is checking access to is
on a POSIX filesystem or that the platform even supports POSIX ACLs,
shouldn't this call SMB_VFS_GET_NT_ACL instead of get_nt_acl()?

And shouldn't it use the dirname of the path it is checking for the
fake connectpath, rather than '/', since they could be different
filesystem types? And even that is a bit wonky, because it probably
assumes that the global ACLs module is appropriate for this path,
which might not be true.

If you give me a hint, I'll code up a patch :)

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org