Need urgent help!!!

simo idra at samba.org
Thu May 17 13:04:34 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 15:17 +0530, Vikash Jha wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Currently i am using samba 2.2.5 .
> The following patches are made available at samba.org....
>

> http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/patches/security/samba-3.0.24-CVE-2007-2444.patch
> http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/patches/security/samba-3.0.24-CVE-2007-2446.patch
> http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/patches/security/samba-3.0.24-CVE-2007-2447.patch
>

> How i can apply these patches to my current samba version( 2.2.5) ...
>
> Thanks in advance

You can't, 2.2.5 is ancient and unsupported by the Samba Team since
long.
That said I have patches that apply to 2.2.12, but they depends on other
security patches as well as this was a backport for RedHat AS 2.1

If you can't switch to a 3.0.24/25 release you should probably be able
to fetch the src.rpm of the AS 2.1 sources and recompile it with the
patches provided there.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce