[SAMBA4] loading a schema by default

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 15 01:59:23 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 10:23 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> here's a raw patch to load the schema with our provision as dc.
>
> we use the pdc_fsmo,naming_fsmo,schema_fsmo and repl_meta_data ldb
> modules with this patch and the objectguid module isn't needed any more.

Is it possible to keep it?  It did work rather nicely for switching out
exactly the things that the LDAP backend provided.

> as the repl_meta_data module implements the originating add mostly
> complete, we can't use use our "unixName" and "privileges" attributes
> anymore. I added a line of code to the originating add code to ignore
> attribute names with starting '@' and we use "@unixName" and
> "@privileges" (also @uidNaumber and @gidNumber only as fallback in the
> sidmap code).

Also, what is stopping us from keeping the additional schema items?  Do
we not know how to generate the prefix mapping table?  We should be able
to extend the schema...

Could you commit the easy parts of this now, while we work on the rest?
(like removing instanceID, aggregate schema generation)?