Does PAC Validation Require External Communication?

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon May 14 22:21:16 GMT 2007

As I understand it, if you have access to the server's keytab, then
in principle you can forge credentials for anyone, including non-
existent users (but only for that server).  What you suggest would
prevent someone faking the PAC data in a credential, and from
inventing a fake user, but they could still fake the credential.

In other words it wouldn't stop John Jones from presenting a fake
credential for Sam Smith that just happened to include the real PAC
data that Sam would have had if it were really Sam.

Am I missing something?

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu