Samba 4 TP5 plans

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun May 13 16:47:14 GMT 2007

As discussed at SambaXP, we'd like to get the ball for TP5 rolling and
release it in the next few weeks.

The build farm state is reasonable at the moment; hopefully we can fix
the couple of tests that are broken in the next few days.

I hope this TP can enter Debian experimental. At the moment, tdb and ldb
are already in sid. talloc was initially refused (because of some
licensing issues), but should enter sid soon.

Metze mentioned there is a bug in the DCE/RPC code when marking the
connection dead that should be fixed before TP 5. Are there any other
issues people think should be fixed for TP 5?

Cheers,

Jelmer