svn commit: samba r22819 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/auth SAMBA_3_0_25/source/auth SAMBA_3_0_26/source/auth

Sat May 12 20:22:57 GMT 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 03:00:45PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> This looks safe to me.    How confident are you in it for inclusion in
> Monday's release (considering all the cases/configurations that this
> code path could be called from)?

I'd say it's pretty safe. This code path authentiates a
foreign user, and for those we locally don't really care
about the password change times. The only situation where we
do care is when we're authoritative for that user ourself,
but then we don't initialize from an info3 struct but from
the SAM.

So I'd say that only in this particular situation (PDC
passing through a trusted user) we read the values out of
the sam_account again. But it has certainly not seen the
full test matrix.

So if you want a vote from me, I'd put it in. (fingers
crossed ;-))

Volker