VFS module handling ACL on ZFS

Jiri Sasek - RPE Prague Jiri.Sasek at Sun.COM
Sat May 12 13:27:07 GMT 2007

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 03:17:05AM +0200, Jiri Sasek wrote:
>
> Minor question:
>

>>  	$(LIBSMB_OBJ) $(LIB_NONSMBD_OBJ) $(NSSWINS_OBJ) $(KRBCLIENT_OBJ) $(SECRETS_OBJ)
>>
>> -PAM_SMBPASS_OBJ_0 = pam_smbpass/pam_smb_auth.o pam_smbpass/pam_smb_passwd.o \
>> +PAM_SMBPASS_OBJ = pam_smbpass/pam_smb_auth.o pam_smbpass/pam_smb_passwd.o \
>>  		pam_smbpass/pam_smb_acct.o pam_smbpass/support.o \
>>  		$(PARAM_OBJ) $(LIB_NONSMBD_OBJ) $(PASSDB_OBJ) $(GROUPDB_OBJ) \
>>

> Did you mean to include this hunk?

I apologize to everyone who applied also this patch-hunk. It is the rest
of my trials to resuscitation of the --with-pam feature I think.

> Apart from that, this just looks very good!

Thanks... Let me explain a little bit please: I tried to find some
ACL-skilled people who can help me to test this VFS-module first. I had
already discussed with Jeremy about we will release this module in
opensolaris (for me it appears as the Nevada - development branch of
Solaris 11 - which is periodically released [sources] as open solaris)
to ensure more testing than this module will be adopted into the samba
tree. But currently I am trying tho short the period of waiting for the
3.0.25 release because I am also asked to give this module out for testing.

Best regards

Jiri