svn commit: samba r22728 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/libads SAMBA_3_0/source/utils SAMBA_3_0_26/source/libads SAMBA_3_0_26/source/utils

Kenneth MacDonald K.MacDonald at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 8 22:25:00 GMT 2007

    Volker> On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 08:35:18PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry)
    Volker> Carter wrote:
    >> > Jerry shouldn't we do this only when a --force flag > is
    >> specified? Otherwise we risk moving out a > legitimate account
    >> just because our new > server has the same NetBios name of
    >> another one > by mistake.
    >>
    >> I don't think so.  You have to have admin credentials to do
    >> this anyways so we should trust you.  But I'm not particularly
    >> tied to the current patch.  Just seems a little redundant to
    >> me.  If others think a --force flag is necessary, I'll go along
    >> with it.

    Volker> What does Windows XP do in this situation?

When you specify an OU in a sysprep.inf file which differs from the OU
of an already existing computer account with the same NetBIOS name it
simply ignores the OU you supplied and binds to the computer account
without moving it around.

I don't know what the command line tools in XP do, though.

Cheers,

Kenny.

--
Desktop Services Team, EUCS.