libsmbclient -> smbc_setxattr corrupts context.

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Mon May 7 18:57:43 GMT 2007

Hello list,

I just found what I believe is a bug in smc_setxattr but wanted to
air it hear before submitting to bugzilla.

I've notices that every-time I use smbc_setxattr my context gets
messed up and I must initialize a new one before I call the function
again.

My pseudo code is as follow.

SMB::init_context();
smbc_setxattr("smb://SERVER/SHARE/file1",ACL, ACL.size, 0) -> SUCCESS!

smbc_setxattr("smb://SERVER/SHARE/file2",ACL, ACL.size, 0) -> FAILS!

SMB::init_context();
smbc_setxattr("smb://SERVER/SHARE/file1",ACL, ACL.size, 0) -> SUCCESS!

SMB::init_context();
smbc_setxattr("smb://SERVER/SHARE/file2",ACL, ACL.size, 0) -> SUCCESS!

Could someone confirm this?

Regards,
Henrik