Fwd: Re: SWAT Project

Syed Tanveer Hassan hassan2s at uregina.ca
Sat Mar 31 03:24:49 GMT 2007

More discussions on the design of SWAT Net Manager module.

Tanveer
----- Forwarded message from Rafal Szczesniak <mimir at samba.org> -----
From: Rafal Szczesniak <mimir at samba.org>
To: Syed Tanveer Hassan <hassan2s at uregina.ca>
Subject: Re: SWAT Project
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:00:25 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 11:22:06PM -0600, Syed Tanveer Hassan wrote:
> I'm willing to work with you on this idea. Aparantly it looks that
> your priority is the data view module.

It is the very basic and probably most common way of using the
application.
That's why I have started coding it up to see what could be the most
frequent issues. There are also less complex things like moving
currently
implemented login dialog box to a place where it's easier to reuse the
code
(as host-specific credentials should be available), domain browser with
host name lookup.

> It would be great if you can
> give me some initial directions to start my work. I want to be on
> target and focused. Thanks

OK, try to design domain/workgroup browser which allows adding new
samba/cifs host to the hosts tree. The idea is that, upon default
startup,
the tree shows only your local samba server. However, since libnet can
operate remotely, it should be possible to add another hosts to do
administrative tasks on them.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak