svn commit: samba r21991 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: include lib libsmb smbd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Mar 29 16:41:01 GMT 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 05:47:52PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> BTW, I really, really would prefer if the NTLMSSP signature was in front
> of the packet.  This would match what NTLM and GSS-SPNEGO(ntlm) does in
> all other protocols, and therefore what a SASL or GSSAPI library would
> naturally do in another implementation.

Singature first doesn't match the signature in the RPC encrypted transport.
In that transport the signature is put at the end, pointed to by the
RPC header.

Do you have an example of GSS-SPNEGO negotiated NTLM from Microsoft's
SSPI showing where the signature goes ? I'd change it to be compatible
on the wire with SSPI transport, if there's a spec for it with NTLM ?

Jeremy.