samba cross compiling

mokhtar mbmessaoud at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 15:44:31 GMT 2007

Hi

I need to build samba on a board with mips processor

so I executed configures with theses options ( samba-3.0.24)

./configure --with-sendfile-support --without-winbind CC=mips-linux-gcc
CPP=mips-linux-cpp --host=mips-linux

I got a warning

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.24

and an error
checking for prctl... yes
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.

attached config.log
http://www.nabble.com/file/7487/config.log config.log
So How to avoid these warning and correct the error?

Is there a docment ( tutorial) about cross compiling samba ?