implementation of lock (getlock) function

Roman Bouchner phaphe at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 26 12:01:03 GMT 2007

Hi all
I am developing samba opaque VFS module, which is kind of
filesystem-database model. I gradually make implementation of all VFS
functions. It almost works fine, however I don't know, how to make
correct implementation of lock and getlock functions, as there is no
documentation about it and samba source files are little bit confusing
for me. Is it same as system function fcntl with commands F_GETLK and
F_SETLK? Do I have to implement these functions?
And second question: When I try to open DOC file in MS Word, the
application creates some extra file, evidently for locking. If I made
correct implementation of lock and getlock functions, would be extra
file creating ommited?
Thank you for any advice
Roman