svn commit: samba r21918 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source/nsswitch SAMBA_3_0_25/source/nsswitch SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE/source/nsswitch

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Thu Mar 22 03:13:31 GMT 2007

On 21/03/2007, at 2:08 PM, jerry at samba.org wrote:

> Author: jerry
> Date: 2007-03-21 21:08:15 +0000 (Wed, 21 Mar 2007)
> New Revision: 21918
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?
> view=rev&root=samba&rev=21918
>
> Log:
> Reverting this change as it is now causing aborts() in

Thanks for finding this Jerry.

> find_builtin_domain().    This all needs more testing
> before anyone starts changing these lookup routines again.

So when the idmap code calls find_domain_from_sid_noinit with a local
SID, it is supposed to return NULL so that it falls through to the
passdb backend. OTOH it can't ever fail for the BUILTIN domain (even
though that is a local SID) because we can't not have a BUILTIN domain.

Am I reading this right?

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org