HP-UX ACL code for modularized ACL-implemetation

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Wed Mar 21 16:56:36 GMT 2007

Hi Don, hi samba-technical,

attached find an implementation of the hp-ux acl implementation
for the modluraized implementation of ACLs in samba. I was
working on it last summer after having converted solaris and tru64.
But I had to stop half way through. Now recently I tried to finish
this module. But i had to see that current SAMBA_3_0 does not
build on our HP-UX 11.00 here at SerNet, with all the new
lib/replace stuff. I tried really hard, but no chance. :-/

Don, do I asked you some questions about upgrading to 11.11 some
time ago, but we did not manage to upgrade yet.

So here ist my request: The attached vfs_hpuxacl.c is tested
against an old checkout from the tm/vl-posixacls branch, which
is all I could do. I tested it yesterday and it built and worked
as it should. Now the prototype of the three main functions has
changed since (the "conn" parameter was dropped), and I adopted
the file. But I could not test it.

Could you, Don, or anyone with access to a HP-UX 11.11 machine
test this code, just replacing the dummy modules/vfs_hpuxacl.c
file in current SAMBA_3_0 ?

This would really be great!

Cheers, Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9