svn commit: samba r21903 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/libsmb: .

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Mar 21 05:38:16 GMT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 03:48:26PM +1100, Luke Howard wrote:

> Yes, this is why years ago I proposed gss_wrap variants
> for AEAD:
>
> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/kitten/current/msg00024.html
>
> But we'll probably never see this in standard Kerberos
> distributions, and rolling your own encryption routines
> is generally asking for trouble so, yes, I think you
> don't have a choice here.

Gah - I just finished reading the rest of those
threads, I wish I hadn't.

These people make my head hurt. They're going on
about how if it's *only* compatible with SSPI
on the wire then they're not interested...

MIT doesn't seem to have understood yet that
with *hundreds* of millions of krb5 installations
out there *Microsoft* SSPI on the wire is THE
standard and whatever they are doing is the
trivial irrelevence...

Grrrrr. People who keep trying to ignore
Microsoft implementations of standards are
standing on a rapidly melting ice raft....

Jeremy.