Vista and symlinks

simo idra at samba.org
Fri Mar 16 18:40:32 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 18:34 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 10:31:52AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Is that what gets sent on the wire ? Does it work with SMB or
> > only SMB2 ?
>
> SMB and yes, it's over the wire. But you seem to need local
> admin privs on the client to execute this.

I think I remember we had some discussion around these reparse points
with Tridge and a developer for England at latest CIFS. IIRC Tridge
quickly modified smbtorture to test this stuff on the fly but I can;t
remember if we got anything out of it.

But I guess it shouldn't be too difficult with traces :)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer