Work on samba3-registry, commandline tool

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Wed Mar 14 12:40:06 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have started working on a refactoring of the samba3
registry api and a command line tool to (locally) access
the samba registry (KEY_SMBCONF).

The (as yet prototypish) tool is a new "conf" subcommand of
the net utility. It currently has the following set of
subcommands (output of "net conf"):

net conf list        Dump the complete configuration in smb.conf like format.
net conf listshares  List the registry shares.
net conf showshare   Show the definition of a registry share.
net conf addshare    Create a new registry share.
net conf delshare    Delete a registry share.
net conf setparm     Store a parameter.
net conf getparm     Retrieve the value of a parameter.
net conf delparm     Delete a parameter.

The initial refactoring of the registry api is mainly moving
around of some functions and splitting some source files into
two in order to untangle the old api (reg_frontend, ...) from
the new one (reg_api.c), thus allowing for linking net against
reg_db and reg_api without all the printing stuff and so on
that is implied by reg_frontend, dependencies eventually leading
up to smbd.

I put my work into a bazaar tree, a branch from
http://samba.org/~jerry/bzr/SAMBA_3_0.bzr/
you can find it here:

http://samba.sernet.de/ma/bzr/SAMBA_3_0-registry.bzr/

If this is of interest, I could add the list to the checkin
email notification.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9