storing our machine account name in secrets.tdb

Tue Mar 13 16:26:51 GMT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:16:46PM -0400, simo wrote:
> Great!
> I really like this.
> Any plan to return a warning if the netbios name is different?
> Or do you just want to decouple winbindd from the main samba
> configuration ?

I want to decouple all operations that need to access our
machine account in one way or the other (auth2, krb
operations, machine pw changes) from global_myname(). Using
global_myname() in these places is just wrong from my point
of view.

Volker