storing our machine account name in secrets.tdb

Michael Adda Michael.Adda at expand.com
Tue Mar 13 15:46:47 GMT 2007

Hi Volker,

I see no problem with it in general, but care must be taken in order to
reply with the old hostname when doing NTLMv2 authentication.
Otherwise, I think this may break the case where
NTLMSSP_CHAL_TARGET_INFO is set in ntlmssp_server_negotiate().
My experience shows that DCs do not allow samlogons auths if there's a
mismatch between the account name and the name in the challenge blob.

Michael Adda