storing our machine account name in secrets.tdb

Tue Mar 13 15:35:35 GMT 2007

Hi!

I need to solve the problem where winbind fails if it got a
different hostname via dhcp and no 'netbios name' is set in
smb.conf.

I'm going to solve it by also storing the account name we
joined as in secrets.tdb and modify
secrets_fetch_machine_password() to also return that account
name.

To me this seems the logical way to do it, as the machine
password and the account name can really be seen as one
unit. We need to provide a "net rpc/ads rename account"
command that does everything necessary then. (I vaguely
remember there is already something like that around, I
need to modify it appropriately.)

Any serious concerns around?

Volker