[Ltp-coverage] lcov for Samba4, relitative names

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 13 10:10:56 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 12:46 +0100, Peter Oberparleiter wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I can adjust our various systems to know that lorikeet-heimdal uses
> > libtool (etc), but for a project like this, there is a lot of value in
> > having it 'just work' (because it gets new users productive quickly,
> > before they loose interest).
>
> A valid argument. I'll have to think about this some more. In the
> meantime, could you check if the behavior of lcov with
> --compat-libtool meets your requirement?

This is working well, thanks!. The final issue I have, fortunately
ignored with your --ignore-errors option, is:

WARNING: could not read source
file /data/samba/lorikeet/heimdal/lib/gssapi/mech/mech/gss_wrap_size_limit.c

A possible heuristic in this case is 'if the file doesn't match, and
there is a duplicated pathname (here the mech/mech, but similarly
mech/foo/mech/foo), then backtrack.  This gets close to being a huristic
for the --base-directory option.

But this all does seem like workarounds, as you mentioned there must be
a good way to get this data already...