[Ltp-coverage] lcov for Samba4, relitative names

Peter Oberparleiter oberparleiter at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:52:24 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 16:17 +0100, Peter Oberparleiter wrote:
>> Have a look at the --compat-libtool option of lcov (again, cvs version only).
>
> I'll take a look (I hadn't noticed this option), but why does this need
> to be an option?  libtool behaviour is fairly easy to detect (nobody
> else likes .libs like libtool does!), and in our build farm environment,
> the more generic the better.

The current incarnation of --compat-libtool has only been around since january and only in the cvs version (it used to be included in an earlier cvs version, but I removed it again after falsely assuming that --base-directory would also cover libtool abnormality).

In my opinion, assuming the source code directory to be located in the parent directory for every data file found in a directory named ".libs" is a hack. I strongly believe (or hope) that there must be a better, more universal way to fix this problem but didn't yet have the time to really look for it. That's why I (re-)added this patch, somewhat reluctantly, and hid it behind the --compat-libtool option.

While not currently implemented, this option could also be added to the settings that can be specified in the lcovrc file, so that it could be treated as "quasi-default" on systems with the respective lcovrc file installed.

Regards,
  Peter Oberparleiter