literal '%' in smb.conf

Alison Winters alisonw at sgi.com
Thu Mar 8 01:28:24 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

I've been looking at the alloc_sub_basic() case statement in
source/lib/substitute.c and i can't see a way to insert a literal '%'.
I think this means that if you have a '%' followed by a 'U' you will
always get a username substitution regardless of if it was desired or
not.  Would it make sense to add a facility to do literal '%' characters
in the config file?  I wonder because characters like '%' are valid
characters for AD logon names, filenames etc.

Alison