[Ltp-coverage] lcov for Samba4, relitative names

Peter Oberparleiter oberparleiter at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:17:31 GMT 2007

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 18:43 +0200, Peter Oberparleiter wrote:
>> It works up to the point where generated source code files are
>> referenced (lexx.yy.c, etc.). You may need to adjust the build process
>> not to change those files or not to use the GCOV flags on them.
>
> Yeah, these are causing us fun still.  Is there any chance of having a
> '--ignore-missing-source' option?

As this request has surfaced more than once so far, I just implemented an option "--ignore-errors". Use it with parameter "gcov" to ignore non-zero gcov-tool return codes and "source" to ignore missing source files. This is an experimental feature, i.e. currently restricted to the cvs version of lcov.

> Also, for another project (heimdal), it uses libtool (boo, hiss), which
> means that the .o file ends up in .libs, but with no relative path
> included.  Could you look in ../ for the source in that case?

Have a look at the --compat-libtool option of lcov (again, cvs version only).

I'll quote myself for the cvs access info:

>> The new code
>> should be available via anynomous CVS in a couple of hours (see
>> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=3382 / module name is 'utils').

Be sure to let me know about success/failure reports so I can decide whether to include these features in the next release version of lcov.

Regards,
  Peter Oberparleiter