MAXPRINTERLEN definition

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago segfault at core-dumped.org
Tue Mar 6 23:45:57 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to know if there's any implication in increasing the size of
MAXPRINTERLEN (include/local.h). Is there any special reason for it
being set as 15 by default?

The reason i want to increase it is because i have in my organization
some big printer names, around 16~18 chars, and when using
printing=bsd, and printcap name = /etc/printcap, it cannot show these
printers. However, when using printing=cups and printcap name=cups,
its able to retrieve all printers, but because there's ~1000 printers,
i am having some performance issues.

thanks,
--
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago