tdb_delete marking records as dead?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Mar 6 10:10:44 GMT 2007

Volker,

 > I would give it a try, but I am still missing one critical
 > piece of information: How do futexes behave under process
 > crashes? If a process holding a lock implemented by a futex
 > crashes, is this properly cleaned up?

look for Documentation/robust-futexes.txt in current kernel sources. I
haven't looked into this closely, so I'm not sure what kernels support
robust futexes, but at least in principle the work that Ingo did plus
the glibc work that Ulrich did should have solved this.

A warning though - last time I tried to make futexes work without
using pthreads I found it very tricky to get it to work. It is in
principle possible, but be prepared for some frustration :-)

Cheers, Tridge