[Fwd: Re: 3.0.25 svn rev. 21433]

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Mar 2 22:01:06 GMT 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:14:22PM +0100, Thomas Bork wrote:

> Thank you Rainer!
>

> Jeremy, is it possible for you to add samba-vscan to the samba tree? The
> source of the last stable version you can find here (worked till Samba
> 3.0.24):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10590&package_id=29198&release_id=351414
>
> The project site of OpenAntiVirus:
>
> http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php
>
> It would be nice, if we could use this really useful vfs module
> furthermore with Samba.

Ok, I need to first make sure this is "officially" being
submitted to Samba - I can't just suck stuff off web sites
and incorporate it :-).

I'll check with our legal council that the previous
email is proof of that fact, otherwise the author
needs to submit patches (maybe via bugzilla) to
us so it makes it very clear that it's his intent
to submit it to the Samba project.

Jeremy