[Fwd: Re: 3.0.25 svn rev. 21433]

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Fri Mar 2 21:14:22 GMT 2007

Rainer Link wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:43:46PM +0100, Thomas Bork wrote:
>

> Hi Thomas,
>
> added Jeremy into CC. Hope that's OK :-)

[samba-vscan doesn't compile with 3.0.25pre1]

> [lots of compiler error of samba-vscan deleted]
>>> before '*' token
>>> make: *** [global/vscan-functions.po] Error 1
>

> [..]
>
>> zum samba-vscan-Makefile scheitert es hier:
>>
>> deveis # make
>> Compiling global/vscan-functions.c with -fPIC
>> Compiling global/vscan-message.c with -fPIC
>> global/vscan-message.c: In function `vscan_send_warning_message':
>> global/vscan-message.c:82: error: too many arguments to function
>> `cli_initialise'
>> make: *** [global/vscan-message.po] Error 1
>
> [..]

Hi Jeremy,

you wrote 22.08.2005 22:46:

>>> The VFS interface is updated often - so long as samba-vscan is not
>>> submitted into the Samba tree it will be obsoleted with newer
>>> releases as we can't update it as we update all the other VFS
>>> code we maintain.
>>>
>>> If the author will contribute the samba-vscan code to the
>>> main tree I'll ensure it's updated so always compiles.
>>>
>>> Jeremy.

Rainer Link fixed the problems long time ago with samba-vscan 3.0.6b.
But now:

> My full-time job just keeps me too busy to follow the Samba development,
> or to do any further development on samba-vscan at all. So, feel free to
> submit samba-vscan into the Samba tree, if you're still interested in
> doing so (not sure how old Jeremy's email is). But bear in mind, the
> samba-vscan code is ugly, and I'm not sure if adding such ugly code is a
> good idea(TM).
>

> cheers, Rainer

Thank you Rainer!

Jeremy, is it possible for you to add samba-vscan to the samba tree? The
source of the last stable version you can find here (worked till Samba
3.0.24):

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10590&package_id=29198&release_id=351414

The project site of OpenAntiVirus:

http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php

It would be nice, if we could use this really useful vfs module
furthermore with Samba.

der tom